To explore application of Mathematics in Economics and Finance.
Sound mathematical knowledge is a strong foundation for Quantitative Finance and Econometrics. The workshop aims to explore areas of Mathematics that can be used to understand various phenomenon in Economics and Finance. Understanding simple applications of calculus and statistics in analysing and optimising will be discussed.
- Introduction to Calculus
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
Introduction to Calculus
- Straight lines and relation with elasticity of demand
- Concept of limits and understanding 'e' and continuous compounding
- Derivatives and its application to minimise risk in investments, revenue and cost functions, utility functions.
- Determination of prices in different markets
Introduction to Statistics
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion and understanding risk and volatality
- Covariance, Correlation and Linear Regression and a brief introduction on its application to securities and portfolio management
Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Present Value, Future Value and their derivations
- Relationship between inflation, real return and nominal return
- Rule of 72 demystified
How to register
Note : Fees once paid cannot be refunded.
Registrations already started.